International Coach Federation (ICF) Credentialing
The CORE Coaching Skills Certificate Program
is an approved ICF coach training program (ACSTH) providing 61 training hours. As an approved program, CORE meets the ICF's strict professional coach training standards.
Many coaches we trained have gone on to receive their ICF coaching credential. You can too. After graduating from the CORE Coaching Skills Certificate Program
you may apply for the ACC credential via the Portfolio application. The majority of ICF credentialed coaches use the Portfolio application.
The ICF awards a series of individual credentials: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC). For more information on the ICF please visit their website: www.coachfederation.org
Register and join our FREE ICF Credentials TeleClass the next time it's offered to understand how our programs can help you attain your ICF Credential. You can also download our free Guide to the ICF Credentialing Process.
Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
The first level of ICF credential is called "Associate Certified Coach". The ICF offers two application tracks, you will use the Portfolio track:
- Portfolio Application: All CORE Coaching Skills Certificate Program graduates will use this method.
- ACTP Application: for individuals who have completed an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP). The Core Coaching Skills program is approved as ICF ACSTH, which uses the Portfolio track.
||ACC Portfolio Application
|Coach Specific Training
||60 documented hours. CRM will provide you with documentation upon graduation.
|Work with a mentor-coach
||Completion of 10 hours with a qualified mentor-coach. Click here for CRM's Coaching Excellence Program.
Client Coaching Log documenting:
-Minimum 100 hours
-Minimum 75 paid hours
-Minimum 8 clients
(Note: The Core Coaching Skills program has different requirements than the ICF for what hours count. Click here for more.)
||2 reference letters from qualified coaches. (Included in CRM's Coaching Excellence Program) *No longer required effective July 1, 2013.
||ACC Portfolio applicants must pass an exam that consists of one recorded coaching session.
ICF members: $100 plus $200 exam fee*
Non-ICF members: $300 plus $200 exam fee*
* prices subject to change
Next Steps Summary
Register and join our FREE ICF Credentials TeleClass the next time it's offered to understand how our programs can help you attain your ICF Credential.
- Read the ICF website carefully for their credentialing requirements, which change from time to time. The ICF offers free teleclasses and has several helpful documents explaining the Portfolio Track process.
- Keep an accurate Client Coaching Log (example).
- Graduate from the Core Coaching Skills Certificate Program.
- Work with a mentor-coach. Click here for CRM's Coaching Excellence Program (Mentor-Coaching)
- Get your reference letters. (Included in CRM's Coaching Excellence Program) *No longer required effetive July 1, 2013.
- Record a coaching session to submit (details are at the ICF Credentialing page).
- Apply using the ICF ACC Portfolio application.
- Write us and let us know when you pass!